For my first actual beauty post, I have this pulled from my other blog site but thought it would fit better on here. Enjoy 🙂
On a tiring morning last week I woke up and quickly threw on work clothes before I looked in the mirror and realized I was dressed in all black….in summer. Now to some girls that may not seem like a big deal but for me and my own taste it kind of is. Awhile ago I realized I own way too many black clothing items and I like color! So I have no idea how that progressed.
But anyway, I absolutely hate the “blah” look on myself of being all dressed in black. Some people can pull it off but I believe I do not. Changing my whole outfit would of been too much of hassle for me at the time so I needed a pop of color. So I thought hmm, what would give me that quick pop of color? A piece of jewelry? Maybe? That would work but I decided on my bright awesome red cherry lipstick! So something so small and simple is what influenced this post…. lipstick.
Did you know there is more to applying lipstick than just brushing a couple streaks across your lips? Well there is! And although I did not have enough time to do the proper technique of applying lipstick for it to last longer and brighter, I will still address the steps to the technique here.
1. Scrub- The most important part is to have clean, smooth, soft lips before applying lipstick. Lip scrubs are the best for it and you can find some easy and cheap lip scrub recipes online using ingredients you most likely have in your kitchen and bathroom.
2. Primer- Any clear primer would work and should also be applied before the lipstick. It helps to keep the color longer.
3. Lip liner- Lining your lips with lip liner helps keep the color from running outside of your lips.
4. Layers- The more layers of lipstick you have, the stronger color you have and the longer it lasts. Blot your lips in between each layer.
5. Powder- Lightly dabbing your lips with translucent face powder after the lipstick helps lock in the color even more.
6. Gloss- Applying a layer of lip gloss over the lipstick and everything else adds an additive shine.
7. Touch up- And lastly, don’t forget to keep an eye on your lips during the day and apply touch ups when necessary.
Enjoy and try out this technique next time you apply lipstick and you’ll be amazed by your lips all day!
Got any other make up techniques or tips? Please share in a comment!